2010年8月2日星期一

Hot Hot Hot ......What Can I Do?

It was a busy summer for me. I do a lot of independent work (that big juggling) with teaching / work Yarnivore (which I love) and you know ... have a life? Unfortunately, the third in the list corresponds to the track sometimes, if the numbers one and two ramps. I feel like I've been glued to my computer and the couch in the last two weeks, it works like a demon, I eat it "Christmas in July call. You see, with editors who have to work in advance, it is often that I work on projects during the summer holidays. And, of course, publishers who do not usually what you want to holiday projects. All this means that for the first time on vacation, I'll be too busy, or I even had time for my haircut, is almost in a ponytail, and if you know me, I have long hair!

But I had a bit of fun. Yes, play a bit of fun I must once have been for you (on my first knitted sweater! But they have not photographed yet!). But the fun of summer. Last week we took a few days off to be with my family in Stonewall Valley Ranch outside of Fredericksburg, Texas. We had a lot of fun sitting on the porch, and carried animals, and a toddler. I'm really enjoying it, closer to my family, and I can not believe it for almost a year since we moved to Texas. It feels like home. Still very happy to be back.

I also finally meet one of my fellow designers + special yarn shop owner in Texas, Sheryl crochet Media. Sheryl and I were chatting online for a while now, and she was in town anyway so he remained in business. I was so excited, it's great to see someone so excited as I crochet. Now I need to swing by his shop sometime! Check out her blog, and while you're there, tell it, the pattern for the tank contributes to publish!
In other news, I have to make a breather today, a good meal. I'm a mess in the kitchen when our schedules conflict (uh, all the time), but I love home cooking. This morning I had a beer / orange / onion in the latest edition of the setting sun marinated in whipped cream, and our meat is soaked in it, so that Paul can now barbecue evening. I never really knew about Sunset Magazine, until my friend Susan took me to him. Recently I subscribed to, and I'm really digging a lifestyle magazine.

You drive around a bit, outdoor cooking, gardening, green living, etc., if you are there.
The other thing that had just ended, some pickles to make with this recipe. Our cucumber plants are doing well (so much that I think we killed the beans to sign ...) so I wanted to try that pickle. I started with 8-pick the cucumbers when they are rather small for the plants produce more, but I only took a few days to get this amount. I ended up with two bottles of medium-sized room full of cucumbers. These are not the typical labor-ever to hold pickles, but look for a good few weeks to make a couple of months in the refrigerator. In addition, you can do in small batches, as it progresses. If they are good, I'll do it again soon.

This is what happens here. I think I should go back to work .... Or go drink beer leftover marinade.

没有评论:

发表评论